Cloud hosting has become one of the most popular hosting solutions in the world. You might be thinking about moving your website to the cloud platform as well. I am sure you might have some doubts, and you must be looking for some answers. The best way to find an ideal hosting solution is to compare the features of different hosting solutions. This way you can find exactly what you are looking for, and you won’t have to settle for anything less.
You don’t want to end up with a hosting solution that doesn’t meet your unique requirements. It is necessary that you conduct thorough research and learn about the basics of hosting. In this article we will compare traditional hosting with cloud hosting. We will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of traditional hosting and cloud hosting.
The main differences between cloud hosting and traditional hosting:
- In traditional hosting the website is hosted on a single server. Users are allocated resources as per their requirement. There are plenty of options when it comes to choosing a traditional hosting solution for your website and applications.
- Shared hosting is considered to be one of the most affordable hosting solutions. In shared hosting multiple websites are hosted on a single server. Users have to share the resources with other users on the same server.
- VPS hosting is similar to shared hosting. However, in VPS hosting a single server is partitioned into multiple servers through the process of virtualization. Most of the people go for VPS hosting when their website starts to experience a rise in their traffic.
- Dedicated hosting is one of the most expensive hosting solutions. In dedicated hosting users are allocated dedicated resources which they don’t have to share with any other user. It is an ideal hosting solution for large organizations witnessing huge amounts of traffic on a daily basis.
- In cloud hosting the website is hosted on a vast network of servers referred to as a cluster. Users can access their data from any location anytime via the internet.
- In cloud hosting the website is hosted on multiple servers. This network of servers ensures that your website never faces any downtime. Even if a particular server goes down another server will quickly take its place making sure that your website stays online.
- In cloud hosting users have the liberty to scale up their resources to keep up with the rise in demand. So if you are witnessing a sudden increase in your daily website traffic then cloud hosting is the most suitable match for your website.
- In most of the hosting solutions users often end up paying more than what they have actually used. However, in cloud hosting you only pay for the services that you use and not a penny extra. In the long run cloud hosting is more cost-effective than any other hosting solution.
Pros of traditional hosting
- In shared hosting you might get limited resources, but it is also cheaper in comparison to other hosting solutions.
- In traditional VPS hosting you might find it difficult to scale your resources as there are certain restrictions imposed by the host.
Cons of traditional hosting
- As mentioned earlier, dedicated hosting is one of the most expensive hosting solutions.
- In traditional hosting there is always the risk of going offline due to the fact that you are sharing the server with multiple sites. On top of that there is also a possibility that your website might get hacked or infected by a virus.
Pros of cloud hosting
- Cloud hosting is one of the most cost-effective hosting solutions that you can find for your website.
- If your website is growing rapidly, and you are looking for resources to keep up with the growing numbers then cloud hosting can certainly help you out with that.
- In cloud hosting each server remains isolated from the other server. This reduces the possibility of any hacking and malware.
- You will no longer have to worry about slow loading speed or poor performance with cloud hosting.
Cons of cloud hosting
- Even though cloud hosting is quite affordable, some hosting service providers might charge a little extra. We would suggest that you check the pricing structure of your hosting plan before you avail their services.
- If you don’t possess any technical knowledge then you might face some difficulty in managing your cloud platform. You might have to hire a professional to assist you with your cloud hosting plan.
Cloud hosting providers offer a wide range of services for their clients. If you are looking for ways to boost the performance of your website in an affordable way then you should definitely go for cloud hosting. It not only improves the performance of your website, but it also ensures the security of your website from any unauthorized access from a third party.
Traditional hosting on the other hand is more suitable for a small organization. In shared hosting and dedicated hosting there are certain limitations that can limit the growth of your website. If you are planning to add some resources then you will end up paying a lot of money. In traditional hosting you often end up paying for services that you don’t even use. Cloud hosting on the other hand is a more cost-effective hosting solution. We hope that this article helps you find the right match for your website.